Site Reliability Engineer II
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for part-time work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 17+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 105,000 restaurants in 2,000 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, Eat24).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
More about the Job:
We are adding more software- and service-focused SREs to ensure reliable delivery of projects (and food!). SREs in the Restaurant group care for all services related to restaurant-facing technology. This includes order transmission, POS integrations, catalog services, and some internal-facing tools for adjusting orders and assisting diners. We are an extremely critical team, highly passionate about ensuring orders get to restaurants and diners get fed as quickly as possible.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Provide guidance and support during all phases of development around scalability, availability and performance
- Write lots of code (Python) to extend our deployment platform
- Be a subject matter expert on how the platform operates (service discovery, load balancing, monitoring/metrics, et cetera)
- Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS
You Should Have
- Being embedded within a Software Engineering team
- Writing testable code in Python (more than just scripts)
- Highly available architecture
- Continuous delivery principles and practices
- Monitoring best practices
- Service discovery
- Load testing
- Public Cloud (AWS, Google or Azure)
- Linux (understand how things work under the hood)
Got These? Even Better:
- Mesos and/or Kubernetes
- JVM performance tuning
- Writing Java/Scala
- Prometheus, OpenTSDB
- How Grubhub uses Docker to enable continuous delivery
- How Grubhub uses Elasticsearch
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.