Site Reliability Engineer - Restaurant
About The Opportunity
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested?
Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Site Reliability Engineers are embedded in small Engineering teams and focus on the operational aspects of our services. Our SREs run their respective products and services from conception to continuous operation. We're looking for engineers who want to be a part of developing, scaling and maintaining complex, high throughput services.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
The Restaurant team at Grubhub designs, builds and operates the services and infrastructure that allow more than 80,000 restaurants nationwide to take and manage their online orders. We’re operating at scale - we service more than 300,000 orders daily, and some of the problems we’re solving now are service performance streamlining, restaurant facing tools, transaction processing and restaurant inventory management. Our team has helped build everything from a complex delivery system, to a hyper-local search platform and everything in between. If you enjoy focusing on reliability, performance, capacity planning and the automation of everything, you’d probably like this position.
- Python – our primary language for automation
- Java - our primary language for backend services
You Should Have
- Python development experience
- Experience with common cloud design patterns (think SOA, The 12 Factor App, et cetera)
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Programming experience in one or more major languages (Python, Java, Scala, Go, etc.)
- Continuous integration, testing, and deployment
- Understanding of the JVM
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills
NICE TO HAVE:
- Java development experience
- Working in an embedded team model
- Experience with container orchestration (Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Cassandra
- Experience with Elasticsearch
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information