DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
At the center of DRW real-time operations, the Trading Infrastructure is a team responsible for the firm’s trade and instrument reporting systems. The Trading Infrastructure empowers the front, middle, and back offices with the tools and resources necessary to seamlessly integrate into trade operations, risk management, and reconciliation processes. The Trading Infrastructure team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who can support its own software development teams with industry leading processes and tools to deploy faster and more reliably as well as seamlessly integrate with other IT systems and processes.
What we value:
- You can work alone but prefer working as a team.
- You want to enable other developers to impact the business.
- You care more about learning and solving the problem than being right.
- You champion best practices while using fewer tools.
- You focus on reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
- You crave and provide actionable feedback.
- Deep understanding of all parts of the software development life cycle.
- Working knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Development and maintenance of automated processes via scripting.
- Learning and promoting new technologies.
- Designing, modeling, and programming in a variety languages and technologies.
- Ability to work on legacy code as well as green field development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or background in a related field.
- Multiple years of hands on software development.
- Time supporting micro-service architectures.
- Exposure to technologies similar to linux, ansible, nginx, webpack, git, or rabbitmq.
- A solid understanding of databases.
- Experience with containerization tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef or Ansible
What you'll be doing as an SRE:
- Working with other developers to implement different aspects of the application life cycle such as application deployment, scaling and monitoring.
- Standardizing processes across different teams to keep things maintainable and to facilitate quicker application development.
- Owning and improve services storing monitoring data such as logging, metrics, and tracing.
- Representing the Trading Infrastructure to teams responsible for system administration, data centers, networking, and more.
- Designing system for high availability and fault tolerance.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.