Site Reliability Engineer at JPMorgan Chase
As part of the Wholesale Payment Technology Site Reliability Engineer team, you'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to runtime problems. You’ll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment, you’ll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE, you’ll be part of application development org to build more resilient, self-healing applications that require minimum production operations.
- Lead design of build, refactor major software components that improve the availability, resilience, performance of our system.
- Design, code, test, and deliver software to automate manual operational work
- Provide guidance in incident responses, blameless postmortem, design and implement the product improvement to prevent incident reoccurring.
- Identify and implement application patterns in support of better service level objectives
- Design and implement self-healing, resiliency patterns.
- Exercise failure cases regularly to validate resilience assumptions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
- 5+ years of SRE or System engineering experience, with leadership roles.
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
- Expert knowledge in few of the infrastructure components (e.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage, and networks)
- Experience in cloud native, distributed application design and implementation.
- Strong communication skill and ownership.
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.