- Monitor Production Environment – Application health & Infra Hygiene, Resolve & manage incidents, Triage and resolve User queries.
- Perform in-depth research and identify cause of production issues, perform workaround for mitigation, handle Production incident bridges.
- Design and code software solutions that help automate manual processes
- Code and maintain automated unit testing and functional test suites that can be used in a CI development environment.
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in existing applications and design and implement remediation of these gaps/code defects.
- Work to improve the stability of applications in the production environment.
- Migrate applications to new infrastructure and a standard development environment including on-boarding the applications to the standard tools for change management, source control, access management, and application monitoring.
- Ensure changes to the applications follow a disciplined change management processes including all documentation, reviews, and approval steps using JPMC standard tool set for Automated testing, deployment
- Ensure adherence to design and coding standards.
- Participate in Agile SDLC product development.
- Provide Level 3 production support to applications in production. Handle Code deployments for application releases.
- Identify opportunities to Automate L3 tasks (Application Build, Application Deployment etc.).
- Ensure infrastructure has adequate capacity and all environments are upto in terms of Hygiene (patches, resiliency, reboots etc.)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field of study/equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- 5+ years of software engineer with hands-on experience and/or site reliability engineering in core Java, Springboot, Oracle PL/SQL, Unix, AWS.
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and tools especially in deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, Slack, Elastic search, Grafana, Kibana, etc.
- Exposure to UI development using HTML5, Angular JS
- Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations. Exposure to Geneos , App Dynamics, Splunk/ Kibana would be a plus.
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- A delivery focused approach to work and the ability to work without direction
- Experience in Agile development techniques, including Scrum
- Experience implementing and/or using Git/Stash, Jenkins, ARM, JIRA, and code quality & security scanning tools
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, both with business customers and with fellow IT professionals (Business Analysts, Project Managers and Developers)
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.