ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 85,000 businesses in 158 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 85,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale our quickly growing user base. As a Site Reliability Engineer you’ll get to build the systems that power our products. We are looking for people with a strong background in systems.
What Your Day Could Consist of:
- Planning for the growth of ActiveCampaign’s infrastructure
- Designing, building and maintaining the core infrastructure used by ActiveCampaign’s engineering teams
- Scale services through internal tools and automation
- Utilize configuration management tools to provision new resources for ActiveCampaign’s services
- Maintain the security of cloud resources through design and tooling
- Debugging production issues at all levels of the stack
What You Need:
- Ability to think about system design, the edge cases, failure moves and lifecycle
- Familiarity working in cloud environments, including resource provisioning within Infrastructure as Code
- We are hosted in AWS and use Terraform to allocate and update resources
- Prior experience working with configuration management tools is ideal
- Services are provisioned using Chef, but we welcome experience in Salt, Ansible, and/or Puppet
- The ability to debug instance and application problems, either through the command line or using a log accumulator
- Experience working with Datadog and the ELK stack is preferred
- Experience working within a Linux development and production environment
- Experience working with Amazon Linux or CentOS is preferred
- The ability to automate daily operations using scripting languages. Most of the team works in Python, though several engineers work in PHP as well
- Comfort with working on databases and enjoyment from optimizing performance
- MySQL clusters with ProxySQL are in use at ActiveCampaign
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description