Site Reliability Engineer
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
We are currently seeking a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale our quickly growing user base. As a Site Reliability Engineer you’ll get to build the systems that power our products. We are looking for people with a strong background in systems.
What Your Day Could Consist of:
- Planning for the growth of ActiveCampaign’s infrastructure
- Designing, building and maintaining the core infrastructure used by ActiveCampaign’s engineering teams
- Debugging production issues at all levels of the stack
- Implementing a testing framework for Chef and Terraform
- Setting up a Kubernetes cluster for new micro services being deployed
- Debugging production issues that go through our application written in PHP
- Using terraform to set up a new VPC in AWS with appropriate security
- Performance tuning queries for MySQL
- Designing robust database failover and rebalancing
- Improving our deployment systems to include more robust deployment choices with both a web interface and cli tools
- Optimizing our web server setup across environments
What You Need:
- Ability to think about systems design, their edge cases, failure moves and lifecycle
- Understanding of databases and enjoyment optimizing performance
- Knowledge to understand your way around cloud services platforms
- Have high standards when working in production both for yourself and the other users
- Can debug problems throughout the stack
- Familiar with Linux
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description