Site Reliability Engineer
ActiveCampaign is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago revolutionizing marketing automation. Our software allows all of our users, the power to make smarter business decisions based on data-driven analytics.
We are currently seeking a talented Site Reliability Engineer to join us as we extend our marketing platform and work to scale our quickly growing user base. As a Site Reliability Engineer you’ll get to build the systems that power our products. We are looking for people with a strong background in systems.
What Your Day Could Consist of:
- Planning for the growth of ActiveCampaign’s infrastructure
- Designing, building and maintaining the core infrastructure used by ActiveCampaign’s engineering teams
- Debugging production issues at all levels of the stack
- Implementing a testing framework for Chef and Terraform
- Setting up a Kubernetes cluster for new micro services being deployed
- Debugging production issues that go through our application written in PHP
- Using terraform to set up a new VPC in AWS with appropriate security
- Performance tuning queries for MySQL
- Designing robust database failover and rebalancing
- Improving our deployment systems to include more robust deployment choices with both a web interface and cli tools
- Optimizing our web server setup across environments
What You Need:
- Ability to think about systems design, their edge cases, failure moves and lifecycle
- Understanding of databases and enjoyment optimizing performance
- Knowledge to understand your way around cloud services platforms
- Have high standards when working in production both for yourself and the other users
- Can debug problems throughout the stack
- Familiar with Linux
We continually invest in our employees and offer comprehensive benefits including 100% coverage of your medical premiums and 50% for dependents, open vacation policy, fully paid maternity and paternity leave, 401k matching, catered lunches every day in a kitchen stocked with snacks and fresh fruit, free CTA or Metra passes, and a DIVVY bike membership (to name a few).
At ActiveCampaign, we are committed to maintaining a culture that is inclusive and diverse. Our colleagues foster an environment that is warm, supportive, and helpful where we treat each other exceptionally well. We are looking to add curious, driven, and creative individuals to our team who are ready to grow with us!
Read Full Job Description