Site Reliability Engineer at Vivid Seats
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events every year. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allow our fans to sit closer and experience more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications daily. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will champion our SRE practice and own the reliability of our services and applications. Site Reliability Engineers will work closely with our engineering teams to build mature, production-ready services and applications. As part of the SRE team, you will help define our standards for monitoring, alerting, scalability, and production-readiness. You will monitor and report on the uptime of our systems and services, the performance of our applications, and the capacity of our platform.
The SRE team owns our incident response process. As an SRE, you will be a front-line responder to production incidents. We like writing runbooks to make operations and on-call easier. We get excited about things like runbook automation, autoscaling, and metrics.
To be successful, you'll need
- A proven career working in a Linux-based environment
- Experience monitoring, operating and tuning production applications (our teams write Java)
- Experience operating and scaling services in AWS using technologies such as: EC2, ALB, VPC, RDS, and Aurora
- Experience with automation and infrastructure management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and Docker
- Familiarity with popular monitoring tools such as: New Relic, DataDog, Prometheus, CloudWatch, and the ELK stack
- Prior experience participating in an on-call rotation
- A passion for automation and optimization and an unrelenting commitment to a good customer experience
What We Offer
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal St #800
Chicago, IL 60606