Site Reliability Engineer
PowerReviews creates software that drives traffic, increases sales, and provides actionable insights for more than 1,000 brands and retailers on over 5,000 websites. Our platform serves as an essential resource for consumers throughout their purchase journey. Our syndication network reaches more than 500 million in-market shoppers each month through an unrivaled solution suite. PowerReviews is on a mission to create a smarter path to purchase.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will join a super-talented team of ops-focused engineers that delivers world class cloud-based infrastructure to support our global customer base. Your team will own the cloud infrastructure and design/build automated frameworks for code delivery to test and production environments. This includes planning for growth, analyzing and fixing problems in real time, and designing and implementing secure networks.
Our platform is responsible for gathering, moderating, and publishing of user-generated content for our customers’ websites. Our highest application API volumes exceed 400K requests per minute all while exceeding 99.99% uptime SLA’s.
Our Tech Stack
Our technology stack is constantly evolving and our engineers are always looking to adopt new but relevant trends. We use open source software and AWS almost exclusively.
AWS: DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, S3, ElastiCache/Redis, EMR, Lambda, CloudFront, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, ECS/Docker, Elastic Map Reduce,
OS/Misc Apps: Linux (mostly Amazon Linux), Alpine Linux, Tomcat, Nginx, ElasticSearch, Docker, Maven
Developer/DevOps tools: Jenkins for CI, Sumologic, Datadog, Ansible, Python, BASH
Frameworks: Spring (Boot, MVC, Security, etc.), React.jsDatabases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake
- Design and build the architecture to run PowerReviews applications
- Work closely with dev teams to build highly available, cost effective systems
- Own all cloud infrastructure:
- Design and write CloudFormation stacks in AWS, relying on Ansible
- Create and harden custom Linux AMI’s
- Manage various AWS services that we use including; DynamoDB, Redshift, SQS, VPC, EC2, S3, CloudFormation, ECR/ECS
- Design the build, test and release frameworks for various technologies
- Create new tools and scripts designed for auto-remediation of incidents
- Write well documented and tested code intended for automated execution
- Design platforms for extremely high uptime metrics
- Implement log storage, monitoring, alerting and metrics gathering
- Own the security posture of the platforms
- Fully understand the application interactions
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Requirements and Preferred Skills
- 4+ years of experience in site reliability, systems engineering, devops, or systems architecture on a high volume platform
- Expert level Linux engineering skills
- Experience with a majority of the following tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Ruby, Python, Tomcat, Java, PostgreSQL, BASH scripting, service oriented architecture, public/private APIs, SSO, Git, Docker
- Advanced, expert level knowledge of the Amazon Web Services platform. You should have automated complex AWS implementations before.
- Past experience writing automation tools
- A strong understanding of what lies below application level abstractions
- Mastery of documentation and diagramming
- Thorough comprehension of networking, firewalls, load balancers, IPV4, security standards
- Ability to hand-off platforms to Systems Engineers to run
- Strong communicator: able to effectively work with remote engineers
- A pragmatic approach to architecture and problem solving
- Lifelong learner, not afraid to take on new technologies
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Open office environment and casual dress code
- Unlimited vacation and flexible work from home policies
- Yearly training budget for learning and conferences
- Company lunches provided weekly; snacks always available
- On-tap wine, beer, kombucha, iced coffee, and cold brew
- Rooftop, gym, and office events
- Sports leagues and ping-pong tournaments
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.