Site Reliability Engineer
Sertifi is the leader in Frictionless Business, with innovative solutions for modernizing the last mile of the sales process. Sertifi offers the fastest and most secure way to close business, from eSignatures to online payment capture. Thousands of companies around the world trust Sertifi to close more deals faster, recognize revenue quickly, enhance security and compliance, and go completely paperless.
We are currently seeking a talented Site Reliability Engineer with a system engineering and development background to join us as we grow our Infrastructure team. This is a high visibility and high impact position with responsibility to all our critical business operations. You’ll implement automation to standardize pipelines, configure auto-scaling, deploy to new to regions, and monitor our SaaS application at scale. This position reports to our Infrastructure Manager in our downtown Chicago office.
Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Plan, analyze, design, and deploy enterprise-scale Azure infrastructure solutions
- Design, build, manage and operate the continuous delivery framework and tools, and act as a subject matter expert on CI/CD for our development team
- Automate infrastructure builds and architect solutions to achieve HA/DR across multiple regions
- Develop comprehensive monitoring solutions to provide full visibility to the different platform components using tools and services such as Graphite, ELK, Datadog, and New Relic
- Automate repetitive tasks by building software and leveraging existing tools to get eliminate manual work so resources are available as needed
- Troubleshoot environments as problems arise, validate fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved
- Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity; and establish the appropriate scalability plans
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 3+ years in a DevOps or Platform Engineering role, preferably within a SaaS-based organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience in the industry
- Strong knowledge of build, release, and configuration management practices
- Experience with automation tools and configuration-as-code (Azure DSC, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Salt Stack, etc.)
- Proficiency with scripting or programming languages such as Python, PowerShell, C#, or Ruby
- Experience working with Azure services such as Scale sets, managed instance SQL, Vnets w/ NSG’s, IAM & RBAC, and load balancers / application gateways
- Self-sufficient nature with the ability to prioritize your work
- Strong communication skills, integrity and excellent organization skills
- Knowledge of container technology and orchestration tools is preferred however not required
What’s in it for you
You will work in a collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program, casual work environment, weekly team lunches, company outings, and a convenient River North location close to public transit.