Site Reliability Engineer at GoHealth
GoHealth is looking for an energetic and highly motivated Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team. A Systems Engineer who loves automation, or a Software Developer who loves infrastructure, will be ideal for this role. The Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) will be an integral part of our Software Development team, and should have a passion for technology and open source software.
- Help develop and deploy tools and systems that assist GoHealth's Engineering, QA, and Operations team, to deliver high-quality software.
- Work with development to help evolve our continuous delivery process.
- Monitor and respond to alerts from technology infrastructure in order to ensure proper SLA's are met.
- Work throughout the technology stack to design, build, and monitor solutions that allow for continued scalability.
- Document work associated with troubleshooting, while utilizing problem solving skills
- Remain flexible.
- Have a strong sense of ownership for system uptime and performance.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field is preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Knowledge of managing a Linux cluster environment (RHEL, CentOS).
- Exceptional skills with one or more scripting languages (bash, Python, Perl, Ruby or similar).
- Proven experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet or Chef.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting any of the following technology components (or similar): Linux container technology and orchestration tools (Docker/Origin/Kubernetes), Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins), Logging and alerting platforms (Nagios/ElasticSearch/Splunk), Web application servers (Apache/Tomcat/Nginx), Databases in a distributed data center environment (MySQL/Couchbase, LDAP and Kerberos.
- Detail oriented individual, with strong communication skills used to collaborate and keep others informed.
- Ability to produce results while working independently, and in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of building and maintaining IP-based networks (Cisco) and F5 LTM, DNS and/or iRule development experience
- Experience with VMWare/vCenter or AWS is preferred, but not required
Benefits and Perks:
- Open vacation policy.
- 401k program with company match.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Commuter and transit benefits.
- Professional growth opportunities.
- Casual dress code.
- Generous employee referral bonuses.
- Happy hours, ping-pong tournaments, and more company-sponsored events.
- Subsidized gym memberships.
- GoHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.