Site Reliability Engineering Manager at Fast Radius (Chicago, IL or Remote)
| Chicago | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:43 p.m. (CST) on Monday, June 13, 2022
About the Role:
As a Manager, you'll be responsible for building the team, and ensuring that the team is both working together effectively and meeting expectations for delivery. This role is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the SRE team and combines a mix of project management, team management, and engineering duties. You'll also be responsible for making sure team members individually feel satisfied with the work they are doing, that they feel challenged, and that they are growing.
What We’re Looking For:
- A champion of successful outcomes for your team and Fast Radius through clear communication around OKRs, initiatives, and priorities.
- Be the driving force behind our automation and observability initiatives
- A product and engineering partner that will help ensure we build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of infrastructure and systems
- A passion for continuously improving upon your team’s process and best practices
- An owner of infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- A point of contact to ensure that monitoring is in place for key metrics and that automated alerts are configured to trigger when those metrics are out of bounds.
- An owner of an on-call rotation of first responders who are empowered to triage alerts and escalate as necessary.
- 5+ years experience in cloud operations, especially AWS
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience building and managing high-performing engineering teams
- Experience with cloud-native architectures; ability to design highly available and resilient systems in AWS
- Experience managing remote teams
- Track record of improving service reliability and efficiency
- Strong bias for action and ownership
- With regards to KPIs, the following are indicators of reliability and stability that will be under your purview:
- Lead Time - measured as the time between a change committed to the codebase trunk and that change running in production
- Deployment Rate - measured as the frequency at which changes arrive in production
- Mean Time to Failure (MTTF) - the average duration between failures in production, and Mean Time to Recovery (MTTR) - the average duration between the introduction of a failure and the resolution of that failure.
- Vital signs of Latency (the time it takes to complete an action), Throughput (to total volume of actions completed), Error Rate (the proportion of actions that are unsuccessful), and Saturation (the proportion of Throughput to total capacity).
Who we are: We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes but for what it makes possible for the world. Our first-of-its-kind Cloud Manufacturing Platform™ represents a new, more sustainable infrastructure to design, make, and move physical goods in the digital age. Working with companies across a variety of industries – from growing startups to Fortune 500 companies – Fast Radius helps customers with all stages of the manufacturing process from new product development to ongoing part production. We recently became a publicly listed company as the next step in scaling our vision for the future of design, manufacturing, and logistics. Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
What we offer: We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Fast Radius currently is unable to sponsor or transfer visas.
We are currently able to hire residents in the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, OR, TN, TX, WA, WV, WI
Read Full Job Description