At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company.
Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions –enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors.
Our lean development process enables our small product oriented teams to innovate, collaborate and bring amazing features to market.
Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
The Site Reliability Operations Manager is a critical role in our Product Development organization. This key leader serves as Manager and Scrum Master -enabling the team to achieve their highest level of performance and team members to fulfill career goals. This position acts as a thought leader for measuring our overall production health and drives for a higher level of quality through transparency to the client experience. This position requires commitment to exceptional results, a strong desire for continuous improvement and the ability to build a collaborative culture within the team. This in-turn will ensure we continue to innovate and expand our market-leading product suite. Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Possess a strong passion for continuous improvement through developing automated solutions and repeatable processes
- Interested in leading the team in various agile ceremonies to ensure the team is consistently learning and growing
- Relentlessly curious about current market and technology trends, able to adapt accordingly
- Passionate about quality and controls
- A superior communicator with an affinity for change management
- Unflinching in your desire for production stability
How we work:
- Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories
- Dedicated Tech Delivery and Enablement experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders, product teams, and operational focused teams
What we offer:
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- A subscription to an Online Training Forum for all technology colleagues
- Proven history of building a new team with core competencies not currently present in the organization
- Minimum 5 –7 years in monitoring applications in a highly available SaaS web development environment
- Experience directly managing Engineers in a DevOps type environment, both virtually and locally
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field, preferred
- Working knowledge of ELK, App Dynamics, SCOM and PagerDuty are preferred
- Ability to think critically to help design and implement monitoring tools that will provide transparency to applications state, history, and trends
- Ability to effectively communicate details of complex issues to stakeholders, business and technical users
During the last three months, you would have:
- Developed/refined a baseline strategy for determining the overall health of our applications
- Participated in and lead sessions to improve our approach to alerting making those alerts more actionable
- Improved our paging paradigm to reduce unnecessary pages and improved overall incident resolution
- Lead efforts to improve adoption of monitoring solutions by Product Teams
- Developed T-shaped skill sets and leadership capabilities of team members
- Nourished a collaborative environment with a willingness to share ideas, where open and honest feedback flourishes
- Developed and implemented measurable continuous improvement plans
- Managed dependencies across product teams / business
- Glassdoor's Employees Choice Award in 2014 and 2017
- 9-time Winner on Chicago Area's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
- Inc Magazine listed Paylocity as an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Held Firm from 2007-2013
- Ranked #13 on Built in Chicago Top 100 Digital Companies for 2016
- Ranked #24 on Forbes 2013 List of Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago
- Ranked #38 on Crain's Fast Fifty List of Chicago's Fastest Growing Companies in 2014
- Ranked #334 on Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500 List of Fastest Growing Companies in North America
At Paylocity, our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours / remote opportunities
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Spoiler alert: We’re currently ranked #20 on their Best Places to Work list, and have also won Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For, and Crain’s Fast 50, just to name a few.
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.