Software Application Architect:
Team Daugherty is in search of an experienced Application Architect to join our Chicago office. A strong consulting background, exceptional leadership skills and adaptability are all important characteristics for a successful candidate. Possessing excellent communication skills to build strong, trusting relationships with clients and team members is a must! This position must be able to navigate new environments quickly, proactively mitigate risks, resolve issues and escalate when appropriate.
As an Application Architect you will be responsible for the following:
- Developing technology solutions, blueprints, roadmaps, etc.
- Developing architecture designs, processes, standards and guidelines.
- Aligning technical solutions with business needs.
- Managing client side VP and Product Owner stakeholder relationships.
- Top-level technical expert in one or more application programming platforms.
- Provide technical direction as to the general structure, flow control, and strategy for organizing business logic into software modules that meet system requirements.
- Software analysis, design, construction, testing and integration.
We are looking for someone with:
- Heavy full-stack development experience in Java/J2EE platform within a consulting/on-site client environment.
- Ability to communicate at a business level with product-focused clients in a boundary-pushing team.
- Comfortable with hands on design, development and implementation of applications.
- Experience implementing and standing up Cloud Engineering, Azure architecture experience a plus.
- Experience with Node.js; React.js.
- Ability to choose platforms, tools, languages, and frameworks that are appropriate to a specific software solution.
- Ability to define the business domain and issues related to the architectural assignment.
- Solid database design and development experience, big data presentation layer or real-time analytics knowledge a plus.
- OOA&D skills including experience using UML to commute software design.
- Proven experience with Agile SDLC best practices.
We offer members of Team Daugherty:
- Excellent health, dental and vision insurance.
- Revenue sharing and a 401(k) retirement savings plan.
- Life, disability and long-term care insurance.
- Little to no travel.
- Robust career development and training.
The recruiting process at Daugherty is different for every candidate. We want you to feel excited to join our team. We want you to be eager to take on a new challenge. We are always 100% honest about what to expect, because we don’t want Daugherty to be just another job. We want Daugherty to be your dream job.