Software Architect I at SMS Assist
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:00 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 12, 2020
- Design, develop and execute software solutions to address business issues. Works to establish functional requirements and reviews solutions to ensure organizational needs are met.
- Selects and oversees implementation of one or more software development methodologies.
- Develops short- and long-term product roadmaps to ensure continuous improvement of software.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming
- Improve operations by conducting system analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to our IT team
- Keep up to date on the newest technological innovations in the field and be ready to apply relevant innovations.
- Collaborate with peer organizations, quality assurance and end users to produce cutting-edge software solution.
- Fosters a positive team environment
- Ensures confidentiality of internal and external data
- Performs ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Advanced
- Teamwork – Advanced
- Relationships – Advanced
- Negotiation – Advanced
- Learning Agility – Advanced
- Problem Solving – Advanced
- Process Orientation – Advanced
- Prioritization – Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
- Exposure to Microsoft .NET development using C#, or JAVA or other major languages
- Familiar with Design Pattern, algorithm and data structure
- Knowledge of client/server application development
- Knowledge of agile development and testing methodologies
- Broad and deep technical knowledge
- Experienced with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
- Experienced with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or with equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience as a senior software developer
- Experience working on complex software projects