About the Role:
Lead a team in designing, building, testing and operationalizing applications from our eCommerce website to consultant sales tools. You’ll bridge our development and architecture as we drive towards a new cloud-based architecture. As a leading member of an agile team, you’ll be the go-to person for guidance on scalability, availability, security, testability and deployability. You’ll have the flexibility of a start-up and work in a small, autonomous, highly-collaborative team backed by world-class resources and support. You’ll challenge the status quo and fearlessly innovate as we drive towards a new cloud-based architecture. Constantly evaluate trade-offs between architectural choices like NoSQL vs RDMBS, sync vs async messaging, and SPA vs MVC.You’ll work with the latest technology in an environment that’s fun, productive, and leverages each person’s talents.
What you'll do:
- Evaluate technologies, make recommendations on technical choices, and work cross-functionally to gain consensus on design.
- Incrementally and iteratively design, build, test, and operationalize applications.
- Lead the enhancement of existing Java web applications while moving new functionality to microservices in the cloud using Node.js and other modern technologies.
- Lead TDD and ATDD practices.
- Ensure our next generation of applications are scalable, available, secure, testable, and continuously deployed.
Skills you’ll need:
- 10+ years of development experience
- Love mentoring and being mentored
- Ability to push boundaries for software development
- Advocate ways to reduce time between an idea and production software
- Passion for new technologies, tools, and techniques to solve software problems
- Expert know-how using microservices, polyglot persistence, web components, and continuous delivery
Technology you’ll use:
Java, Hybris, Oracle, MongoBD, Spring, AngularJS, and Node.js
About Pampered Chef:
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.