Software Architect at FTD
Software Architect -- Downers Grove, Illinois
FTD Companies, we continually evolve the business by promoting a culture where solutions from the technology group help transform our business through customer-meaningful solutions, innovative technologies, and business-impacting projects.
This highly crucial Software Architect position will take a leading role in building applications within our multi-brand $1B+ E-Commerce company. We're actively searching for top-level engineers to join newly created teams at FTD Companies who will be tasked with building an entirely new state-of-the-art platform and architecture from scratch.
What You Will Contribute:
We participate with a multi-functional team (technical & non-technical members) on highly visible strategic projects and work independently as needed. You are going to be able to champion innovative solutions and interact with top-caliber software engineers, web developers, and QA automation resources contributing to our growing ecosystem of cutting-edge SOA based applications.
- You're going to work within an agile group for varying degrees to deliver solutions, and you will be empowered to transform and add your personalized stamp at team and company level as we are in the process of agile transformation.
- We want you to interact closely with business to understand business processes and proposing technical as well as non-technical solutions for business problems.
- You'll get to drive innovative change across IT to help the department meet its strategic goals.
- You will work with team members at all levels of Information Technology to promote positive change, software best-practices, technical guidance when requested. Also, you'll mentor other developers to help grow their software development skillsets.
What we offer:
A stupendous Software Architect opportunity to be a part of a team that builds and evolves high performance, scalable order processing systems handling large transactional volumes. We encourage and welcome out of the box ideas in all areas like artificial intelligence, data processing, and information retrieval, voice capabilities, automation, computer vision, and other ideas welcome. We greatly enjoy all the benefits of working for a digital E-Commerce Company (flexible hours, a healthy vacation plan, summer hours) in a relaxed work environment.
We strongly embrace the definition of a "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership. There are job opportunities, and then there are career opportunities... Let us provide you with a career where you look forward to Mondays. Careers that have a positive impact and offer you a future as we change, grow, expand and explore new and exciting experiences for our global customer base.
What we seek:
- We need you to help evolve domain architecture based on real-world experience, product feedback, and roadmap priorities.
- You actively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend solutions partner with engineering teams to create shared architecture which meets short term and long term need of the company.
- You were an Engineer for 15+ years of software development experience working on complex projects.
- Your strong knowledge of client-side MV* framework such as (preferred), AngularJS, Ember, Backbone.JS, etc.
- Your strong experience using CSS, LESS or SASS along with bootstrap designing responsive user interfaces.
- You are fluent in several technologies - C#, .NET, C++ and using Node.js.
- You possess a solid understanding of tiered distributed systems.
- We seek someone experienced writing stored procedures and views with relational databases and SQL (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle)
- Proven experience in architecting, implementing and managing high-performance scalable applications with more of the following: .NET, Web Services, JSP, EJB, Struts, Ant, JSF JMS, XML, JBoss, Hibernate / MyBatis.
- You are experienced with using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server or other comparable source control/SDLC tools in a large environment.
- You have expertise with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles and have used them in practice.
- You possess experience building high performing systems including latency measurement, analysis, and optimization across the entire technology stack
- You have sharp analytical abilities, problem-solving techniques, and object-oriented software design skills
- You are excellent at juggling multiple responsibilities and tasks at a given time and prioritizing those items so that your time is used expertly.
- Experience working with business in defining solutions in an agile environment with software design patterns.
- You take pride in being accountable, taking ownership of outstanding issues and establishing a high level of credibility with others in the organization.
- You have experience implementing or utilizing Continuous Integration/Continuous (CI/CD) practices and developing for high-volume web applications.
Are you comfortable with Microservice architecture and practices?
Does talking about service development and methodologies cause you to easy?
- Do you possess knowledge of Cloud-based technologies such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure?
We would like some experience with the integration of third-party (licensed or open-source) e-commerce solutions. Also, we look for experience with various E-Commerce systems such as PIM, OMS, and/or FMS
Come join our team and help contribute to our exciting transformation. While you are part of the office of technology, you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic E-Commerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.