Software Developer Engineer Test (SDET) at Ascension
What You Will Do
Lead the design and execution of deployed business application systems. Mentor less-experienced staff with responsibility for their technical development.
- Develop partnerships with senior users to understand their business needs and define future application requirements.
- Evaluate the applicability of leading edge technologies and uses this information to significantly influence future business strategies.
- Analyze complex business and competitive issues and discerns the implications for systems support.
- Design, direct and perform analyses to resolve complex first-time project issues, including analysis of the technical and economic feasibility of proposed system solutions.
- Design projects with broad implication for the business and/or the future architecture, successfully addressing cross-technology and cross-platform issues.
- Balance and negotiate the needs of multiple users and communicate the business advantages of various technical solutions.
- Manage customer expectations and ensure prompt and complete customer service.
- Customize presentations to the interests of the audience.
- Develop expert understanding of applications development processes, and in-depth knowledge of leading edge technologies to create plans for future technology use.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.