Software Developer Engineer in Test at Walgreens
Develops software-testing protocols that provide desired functionality to the digital solutions, typically for large, complex or leading edge sites, products and programs. Implements activities that influence important components / processes of the functional area. Work is received short- and mid-term assignments that are important / complicated undertakings that require a comprehensive understanding of the organization's current applications, coding languages, tools Implements activities that generally influence multiple components / processes and the work more than one team. Operates within the context of approved methods.
Provides support to the development team by identifying, reporting, tracking software defects and non-conformance to business requirements/standards, and by validating developer-implemented resolutions to those defects. The Software Design Engineer in Test will create test plans, test scripts, and execute specific plans for regression, functional, and fault injection. Responsible for stress testing using test scripts and/or manual testing as required. Ensures adherence to company and customer quality standards and requirements.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Actively involved in the daily operational activities that generally impact multiple components / processes of the on-line technology QA function, such as:
*Assisting with the build of the required test infrastructure, tools and coverage to ensure the release of top quality software.
*Developing test plans on pre-release, upgrades and current versions of software.
*Collaborating with developers to ensure the product meets functional, quality, performance, scalability, privacy, & security through tools, automation and breakthrough test technologies.
*Assisting in the development of quality assurance software protocols to support established quality assurance standards.
*Writing software test plans. Sets software quality assurance test schedules, test plans and protocols, prioritizes, and monitors tasks.
*Ensuring software and program defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked and summarizes and findings are presented to management.
- Assists in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Utilizes experience in order to identify relationships of bugs to the software code. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of work team.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
- May perform performance-testing functions.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in software development and/or technical quality assurance OR a High school Diploma / GED and at least 6 years of experience in software development and/or technical quality assurance.
- Experience working on at least one product delivery cycle.
- Experience identifying the relationship of bugs to software code
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Information Systems Management.
- At least 4 years of broad testing experience, including test planning, functional testing, integration testing, regression testing, and user acceptance testing.
- At least 4 years of experience working with web-based applications, including testing of web-based applications and technologies including HTML and ASP.NET and SQL Server.
- Experience in testing of web-based applications and technologies including HTML and ASP.NET and SQL Server.
- Experience with automated testing tools.
- Experience developing design specifications, test plans and protocols.
- Experience identifying operational issues, recommending, and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with performance testing
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server to log, track and address bugs identified in testing. Evaluate the effectiveness of bug resolutions to assign closure status or need of work.