Software Developer (Front or Backend) at Visibly
Visibly is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012 with a vision to create a world where eye care is available to anyone, anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to develop digital technologies that increase access and choice while partnering with doctors and retailers to create awesome patient experiences. Visibly launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
Software Developers architect, prototype, build, test, and deploy new features and functionality for our online vision test and vision care platform. You will work across our development stack to implement new eye tests, interfaces, APIs, and intuitive users experiences. You will be expected to meet code, source control, and documentation standards as required by health care industry law. Also, you'll contribute to strategic company decisions.
All levels (e.g. junior, mid, senior) and focus areas (full-stack, front-end, back-end) are welcome to apply. The team will evaluate your level and compensation package as part of the hiring process.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of experience is preferred, but the exact number of years doesn't matter
- Back-End: In-depth experience with Ruby on Rails, unit testing (e.g. RSpec)
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- A passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Start-up/entrepreneurial experience and a hunger to become a thought leader in our domain
- Work from anywhere, but be available via Slack and video conferencing
Bonus If You Have It
- Experience with native mobile development (e.g. React Native, Objective-C, Swift, Android NDK)
- Experience and/or interest in working with AWS, CI configuration, New Relic, Rollbar and similar services
Just like our patients, we treat our employees with the utmost care. In addition to competitive compensation, equity packages, and performance driven bonuses, working here is on par with the most exciting employers on the market.
- Option to enroll in health insurance medical, dental and vision programs for full-time employees, with portion of premium subsidized by the company
- Options to enroll in Health Saving Account, Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- Free eye prescriptions from our system
- Option to enroll in company-sponsored 401(k) plan
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term and long-term disability
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.