Software Developer in Test at SpotHero
Have you ever disassembled something to figure out how it works? When an app crashes, do you try to figure out why it crashed, or see if you can get it to crash again? Are you really good at giving directions to lost strangers?
We’re looking for empathetic, detail-oriented people who are passionate about building excellent products. People who will seek out and destroy software bugs. Every day, SpotHero’s Software Engineers and Product Designers will rely on you to understand our products, implement automation frameworks and tooling, and drive continuous integration, deployment and testing.
Who we are: At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do:
- Write readable, performant, maintainable, and testable code.
- Expand and refactor existing frameworks for multiple squads.
- Effectively communicate, mentor and train others on languages and best testing practices.
- Develop and execute automated test scripts for different systems and integrations.
- Integrate automated tests into the CI/CD/CT architecture.
- Conduct code reviews and contribute thoughtful, empathetic feedback.
- Teach team members and engineers how to write tests at every level and on different platforms.
- Write automation to help development with UI testing, performance testing, and security testing.
- Work with senior engineers to implement quality process improvement initiatives.
- Secure and safeguard data to preserve its integrity, reliability, and availability and ensure appropriate access levels are maintained.
Who you are:
- Action-Oriented - You maintain a sense of urgency to complete a task and seek information rather than waiting for it.
- Analytical - You examine information methodically and in detail to solve problems or complete tasks.
- Collaborative - You work with multiple individuals to complete a task or achieve a goal.
- Detail Oriented - You pay attention to details and learn to understand causes and not just effects.
- Influence Without Authority - You have the ability to get others to willingly cooperate and engage, rather than following directives because you're in a position of authority.
- Innovative - You foster an environment where creative thinking is embraced and encouraged.
- Problem-Solver - You assess situations quickly and provide creative solutions for resolution.
- Resilient/Resourceful - You have the capacity to recover quickly from difficulties.
- Technical Capability - You have the ability to identify how systems and technology can improve ways of working.
- User-Focused - You create and develop business tools from the perspective of how it will be understood and used by a user.
What you have:
- 3+ years of experience using object orientated programming languages to write automated tests
- 3+ years of experience with Agile software testing and methodologies.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with microservices and container technologies.
- Experience with cloud platforms.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits –
- In the US we cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, company sponsored Life Insurance, 401K, and generous parental leave.
- In Canada we offer Medical (prescription drug and paramedical coverage), Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD and LTD.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Annual parking stipend – we help people park!
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
Steps to apply: Please include any GitHub account, LinkedIn profile, and any project that you’re particularly proud of. We love seeing work that others loved working on.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.