Software Developer - Trading Tools
Our software is meant to be an extension of our traders. We aim to provide a seamless way to interpret real-time data and intuitive, highly responsive tools to control our trading systems. Building a world-class front-end trading system starts with close collaboration with our traders and a thorough understanding of our values and strategies. We are driven to create applications that perform best when under stress—this means high-performance networking, processing and graphics. Trading Tools is looking for exceptional developers looking to build simple solutions to complex full-stack problems.
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary global market maker, trading on major financial markets around the world. We opened our first office in Amsterdam and now have locations in Chicago, Shanghai, and Sydney. Optiver employs over 900 highly educated professionals worldwide who are continuously improving the way we work and striving for excellence in everything we do. Being good is not good enough, and it’s everyone’s responsibility to make our company better. Founded in 1986, Optiver has been profitable every year of its existence.
• Design, develop, support and maintain our various front-end trading systems and tools
• Partner with traders to solve problems and design new features
• Pride themselves on consistently shipping bug-free software
What you’ll need:
• BS in Computer Science or related technical degree
• 3+ years professional development experience
• A passion for clean code and simple, flexible, well-architected systems
• Knowledge depth in C#, .NET framework 4/4.5, and/or WPF is a plus
What you’ll get:
25 days paid vacation; paid commuting expenses up to the maximum allowable amount; attractive bonus structure; training opportunities; generous 401K company match; fully paid health insurance premiums; breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages provided daily; weekly in-house chair massages; casual dress; game room and more!