Senior Front End Developer- M-F
Where Will You Work:
Our office is mere steps away from Union Station Ogilvie Transportation Stations, overlooks the Chicago River. We feel that Innovative thinking is usually done best over a free beverage and that’s why our Digital Studio comes stocked with snacks and drinks. And, we have break-out areas that are conducive for having these discussions.
What You Will Do
What You Will Do:
As a Senior Software Developer with Ascension Technologies, you will contribute to the creation of our robust suite of cloud-native enterprise applications in the rapidly growing healthcare software industry. You will be a member of a dev team working collaboratively with others in an Agile organization to deliver software that sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer – that’s how we do tech at Ascension technologies. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words, and we are developing software solutions to support that mission
- Break down complex requirements into independent coding tasks and strategies
- Create unit and integration tests to fully test and regress software
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Work with other teams (i.e. Product, PM, etc.) to ensure delivered code meets specifications based on functional/technical specifications
- Participate in Agile routines and ceremonies; daily standups, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives
- B.S in Computer Science, M.S. in computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional software development experience in an Agile environment
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in OOAD, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Strong experience with Typescript
- Strong understanding of front-end frameworks (Angular, React, etc.)
- Experience using RESTful APIs
- Experience with OAUTH
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Strong understanding of professional software engineering best practices for the full SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated mastery of the full SDLC including CI/CD and modern build and deployment tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Openness to new ideas and an unceasing desire to learn new things
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a positive mindset, and a collaborative spirit are a must have
- Experience with TDD and BDD
- Experience working with cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systems
- Understanding of relational and NoSQL databases (MySql, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, etc),
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Atlassian tools: JIRA, Confluence, etc.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
• 1 year of experience required.
• 4 years of experience preferred.
• 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Why Join Our Team
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites of care – including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.