CardX is a payment technology company that’s changing the way businesses accept credit cards. We’re focused on introducing more options for consumers, delivering automatic compliance through software solutions, and making payments more fair for everyone.
Our core values are positivity, respect, and excellence. We’re confident that, at CardX, you’ll have one of the best professional experiences offered anywhere: members of our product team regularly make key decisions on cornerstone projects for the company and deliver solutions for the industry-leading clients that use CardX. On our team, you’ll be supported by talented colleagues who share your winning mentality and are, like you, energized by excellent work.
The Software Developer will be responsible for building and maintaining the newest generation of CardX products. This role is collaborative and cross-functional, involving frequent communication with other members of the development team as well as stakeholders and the operations team.
We’re hoping to bring on new teammates with a passion for building new things, consistent attention to detail, effective communication, strong work ethic, commitment to excellence in product delivery, and the desire to thrive within a fast-paced, rapidly-growing company.
- Vue.js single-page app frontend, Vuex store
- Internal and customer-facing REST APIs in Node.js
- Cloud infrastructure with most code running in AWS Lambda and other “serverless” techniques
- MySQL database for most needs, other key-value or document storage solutions where appropriate
- “Infrastructure as Code” approach to resource definition and management
- Unit tests (Jest) for all code, end-to-end tests (Cypress) for frontend
- All deployments automated by Bitbucket pipelines
- SaaS tools to make development more efficient: private NPM, Sentry, LogRocket, Cypress, etc.
What We're Expecting
- Database knowledge (e.g., MySQL)
- 4-year degree (or higher), preferably STEM-related
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Unit & E2E test experience
- Traditional infrastructure experience (Apache/Nginx, Linux)
- Payments industry knowledge
What You'll Do
- Build modern web frontend components with Vue
- Design and implement backend infrastructure with Amazon Web Services (emphasis on modern serverless architecture)
- Leverage AWS Lambda and Node.js to interact with backend resources
- Develop both internal and customer-facing REST APIs
- Work in an agile environment and collaborate with the development team to continuously improve CardX applications
- Incorporate unit and end-to-end tests in all development work
- Internal and external documentation
- Integrate with enterprise clients and build a product consumed by a growing customer base
Read Full Job Description