Software Developer at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for analyzing, modifying, and supporting application software. Produces quality code through continuous integration, development, and testing, utilizing approved technology solutions. Conducts development tasks including technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation.
- Delivers technical solutions based on approved designs.
- Maintains highly available systems. Ensures all projects and releases are appropriately tested and risks are mitigated.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Software Development or related field
- In lieu of degree, 4+ years of experience in Software Development or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience in programing with Object Oriented Languages like Java, C# or GoLang Preferred.
- Experience with scripting languages like java script, python preferred.
- Experience in Developing and Automating Unit and Functional test Cases.
- Experience with Test driven development is a plus
- Experience developing Rest APIs
- Experience in developing / Packaging / Distributing libraries is a plus
- Experience working with cloud – AWS / Google Cloud Preferred
- Exposure to working with Kubernetes/Openshift is a big plus
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.