At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Chief Technology Office is an innovation engine for Motorola Solutions. In our Systems and Solutions team, we incubate high risk, high reward projects leveraging on Emerging Solutions, Venture investments, and our existing MSI solutions. We are user-focused and outcome-driven, identifying problems and creating systems and solutions based on research, innovation, and engagement with our customers and with our colleagues in Motorola Solutions.
We create solutions by applying our experience in user experience and design, advanced wireless
communications and solutions, cloud & mobile application architecture, cyber security, user and human factors research, video services, imaging, analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI).
Our team is constantly looking for individuals who are passionate and proactive about building the next generation Public Safety and Security solutions.
We currently have multiple open positions within our organization. The successful candidates will work with other engineers in the conception, design, development, integration, and test of applications software on cloud or appliance platforms. The CTO uses industry DevOps and SCRUM processes to produce first-of-a-kind industry solutions.
Our solutions include but not limited to Video services, AI, analytics, machine learning, Cloud solution, next generation access control, identity management and other projects and concepts within the Systems & Solutions team. These projects include research of new technologies, detailed analysis of new and existing solutions, and implementation of solutions for customer trials and initial product introduction.
This person will work in the CTO’s Systems and Solutions Team in realizing customer-focused, differentiated solutions that have significant revenue potential for the Company.
Responsibilities will range from driving solutions to designing, coding, modifying, testing, and deploying software:
- Utilize state-of-the-art browser techniques and frameworks to realize customer multimedia portals.
- Create web APIs and SDKs to integrate with the user-facing front-end websites, optimize the applications for maximum speed and scalability, implement security and data protection, and design/implement data storage solutions.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Team-focused and highly self-motivated with a desire to explore new approaches and technologies in a fast-paced software development group.
- Some of the following technical skills are definite assets:
- Hands on design experience and functional knowledge with RESTful APIs and OAS/Swagger, Multimedia Content Development.
- Mobile application software development tools (e.g. Git, Gerrit, Node.js), testing, process (Agile, kanban) and configuration management.
- In cloud computing, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud, Dockerization, etc.
- With networking protocols TCP/UDP, SIP, RTP, RTCP, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Azure DevOps.
- Excellent Debugging skills to solve challenging problems
- High ownership and self sufficient individual to drive quality and maintain software stability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time.
- 1 - 3+ years of relevant software design and development experience
- BS (or MS) in Computer Science or equivalent
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.