Software Development Contractor
We are looking for a Senior Python developer to join our team. As a developer, you must be capable of working independently and collaboratively with other team members to deliver innovative solutions, leading small team and understanding the business needs and architecting an appropriate solution.
- Create and maintain Python scripts
- Refactor current code base for better quality and maintainability
- Debug production issues/bugs and fix them appropriately
- Create and maintain unit tests
- Coordinate work with business, team members and other teams
- Communicate with management and other teams
- Regularly report on status and identified risks
- Work effectively with internal partners
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced peers
- Write technical documentation for developers.
- 4+ years Python Development Experience
- 4+ years experience working with large-scale production codebases and mission-critical systems.
- 2+ years working with Flask / Django REST framework
- Demonstrated experience in improving application performance
- Scrapy Experience - huge bonus.
- Experience working with Docker, Logstash/Elasticsearch/Kibana
- Machine learning/ data science experience is a plus
- Git and or equivalent code management / version control best practices
- RESTful web services design and development
- Understanding server and client-side security requirements
- Agile development
- Working Jira or other bug tracking systems