Software Development Engineer - Salesforce at Groupon
The Salesforce team at Groupon manages a global CRM instance with over 6,000 users across all lines of business. The team is made up of Administrators, Engineers, and Product Managers in multiple offices around the globe.
The team is responsible for supporting end users at Groupon, gathering requirements from stakeholders ,scoping new feature requests, and building new solutions using a variety of technologies. The team provides critical support in leading the strategy, definition and implementation of designs within the sales and service organizations that enables Groupon to provide excellent service to merchants to create and publish deals quickly.
We follow an agile development process, collaborating as a cross-functional team and working in short, week-long iterations in order to quickly adapt to changing requirements. We encourage pair programming and mentorships, with an ongoing focus on knowledge sharing and career progression
In the SFDC Engineer role you will develop and maintain custom solutions on Groupon’s global Salesforce.com platform using native Salesforce and custom development methods. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with operational, product, and engineering teams at Groupon to define the best integrations with Salesforce and assist with technical design.
- Manage the full software development lifecycle from technical design to development, testing and deployment.
- Responsible on ensuring the solutions are technically scalable, work within the Salesforce Governor limits and adheres to the standard coding practices on the cloud platform.
- Work with the Salesforce Product Management team at Groupon to understand stakeholder requirements and assist in scoping long-term, scalable solutions.
- Collaborate daily with a the Groupon Salesforce team of Admins, Engineers, and Product Managers.
- BS or MS in computer science or other technical degree preferred (Strong understanding of CS fundamentals)
- 5 years of work or 3 years + graduate school experience in software development or related
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com customization functionality - Declarative & Custom Built
- Apex and Visualforce
- Integrations (SOAP, REST, Bulk APIs)
- Experience with a large (500+ user) implementation
- Validations, Workflows, Approval Processes, Process Builders
- Object-oriented design and patterns
- Data Modeling
- Agile development process (scrum-focused)
- HTML & CSS
- Source Control & Continuous Integration (Git, GitHub, Jenkins)
- Automated testing (unit, functional, integration)
- Experience with LightningConnect and External Objects
- C#, .NET, Java, or Ruby
- Dev 401 Certification
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.