Job Title: Software Development Engineer in Test Lead
Reports To: VP of Engineering
As the Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) Lead within Ascent, you will augment and lay the technical foundation for our QA automation frameworks, while also leading our QA team.
You will thrive at Ascent if you are a leader, who enjoys taking initiative on a daily basis to self-direct and lead others with the value that the end user experience is of highest importance. You are committed to mentorship and lifelong learning, and desire autonomy and full ownership of your work.
- Lead the QA team through technical guidance, mentoring, code reviews, pair programming, and direct coding contributions to our automation frameworks.
- Provide guidance and lead improvement efforts on existing frameworks (including end-to-end tests, contract tests, and visual regression tests)
- Collaborate with our development teams to establish QA automation frameworks based on their services.
- Work with product and project managers to ensure our releases balance quality against risk.
- Meet regularly with your direct reports, ensuring that they are meeting their performance objectives and growing in their careers.
- Conduct bug hunts to help catch bugs before our customers
Minimum skills and experience
- Experience working with web applications, preferably using Rails
- Experience with various levels of testing across the testing pyramid
- Empathy for and ability to listen to our internal customers and respond to their needs
- Experience with Docker and CI frameworks
- Experience with scalable distributed applications
Bonus points for experience in:
- API testing with GraphQL
- Performance testing
- Microservices ecosystem or service-oriented architecture
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Medical HSA/FSAs
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Flexible PTO
- Professional development stipend
- Charitable matching gift program
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!
Who We Are
Ascent is an AI-based startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Ascent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.