SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER IN TEST (SDET) at Caterpillar
Join the team in Cat Digital building the next generation dealer web application that is used by Caterpillar dealers across the world. This asset condition monitoring application provides a consolidated view of all equipment data in a single application that incorporates analytic capabilities. By taking advantage of new predictive analytic models, we can efficiently help to monitor the condition of assets, identify upcoming service needs, extend maintenance intervals, avoid costly failures, and deliver on the value promises of caterpillar dealers.
JOB DUTIES: As a full stack SDET QA Engineer, you will contribute to the quality assurance of software applications and be part of an innovative, top notch tech team, grow with us and introduce us to new ideas and development.
- Competent to perform all testing, project management, and quality assurance assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the complex aspects of systems work.
- Competent to perform all testing activities of new and existing software products
- Perform systems, regression, integration, performance, and user acceptance testing and ensure timely, quality results
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution.
- Analyze business requirement to develop and execute manual and automation test cases and validate the functionalities, code quality, and report test results
- Document software issues and defects in bug tracking software and monitor for the resolution.
- Coordinate with product owner to resolve open issues/enhancements/upgrades and understand the use of a specific functionality as needed
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university in an Information Technology discipline or related field of study (e. g., Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS)
- 3 years or more in full stack SDET QA (Front end, API & Non-Functional testing)
- or a master’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3 year or more of test automation framework design and development experience
Top candidates will also have:
- Plan, design, develop, and maintain UI and API test automation framework that facilitates automation scripting, execution, and analysis of results
- End-to-end functional and system integration testing experience for software application and developing test scripts, test cases, and test data
- Strong experience in testing and automating Webservices (REST APIs) and UI
- Experience in BDD, TDD, continuous integration, code review practice
- Experience with DevOps concepts and tools (e.g., CI/CD, Jenkins, Git)
- At least 2 years working on an Agile team with a solid understanding of Agile/Lean practices.
- Understanding of a micro service Architecture
- Pro-active, flexible and creative and ability to adapt quickly to a complex environment
- Very strong documentation and communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with developers and business users.
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.