Software development Engineer in Test at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) within Discover Financial Services – Business Technology. As a member of Enterprise Software Quality team, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is motivated to improve software quality by automated and continuous testing and has a desire to push the boundaries of using latest software testing technologies/solutions in an automated way.
- Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release innovative high-quality products
- Work with software engineers to analyze existing automation test suite and identify gaps in test automation coverage
- Implement high-quality, fault-tolerant, reusable, and maintainable automation tools and test frameworks
- Create and execute automation tests for web-based applications and REST APIs as well as maintain existing tests and tools
- Work with DevOps team to ensure automated testing is part of the CI/CD pipeline
- Able to perform exploratory testing on feature branches and update test cases as features are being developed
Minimum Qualifications - At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years Computer Science, Engineering or related experience
- In lieu of degree, 4+ years Computer Science, Engineering or related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field and 7 years of experience in software development and quality engineering.
- Proficient in writing unit, integration, and regression tests for web applications & REST APIs using test frameworks
- Proficient with databases and SQL
- Experience with GIT and feature branches
- Familiar with cloud providers like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Proven ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Quality assurance experience, including documenting defects, building test plans, and performing exploratory testing
- Technical writing and communication skills including reviewing and building acceptance criteria for software development
- Experience with integrating automation tests into CI / CD pipelines
- Experience building automation code with Selenium, Serenity, Cucumber
- Experience with load testing concepts and load test tools such as Apache JMeter or Loadrunner
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.