Software Development Engineer In Test at Wyzant
Who we are:
Wyzant helps connect people with educators through our online marketplace and collaboration tools. We challenge ourselves to build the best products possible but work hard to retain a relaxed, casual environment. Outside of getting things done, you can expect to find people who love to learn and socialize, play games or talk shop with others in the company.
We believe in frequent releases and pushing our product forward with as few hurdles as possible. We build our engineering process around this belief, and always look for ways to improve here.
Who you are:
As an SDET, you have experience setting up and advancing automated testing technology. You are comfortable setting up test suites for new projects and integrating them into the release process. You welcome being embedded with a team of engineers, understanding and navigating the code they produce.
You’ve been praised for attention to detail and time management skills. You are decisive, can show the research that went into your choices and are comfortable driving technology forward to ensure we are using the right tools for the job. You can be productive in our group efforts, but also extremely effective on your own. You ask the right questions that move a team forward.
Most importantly, you feel passionate about pushing a product forward that helps people learn, and working with others who feel the same.
Our Tech Stack:
- Below are the sorts of things you’d expect to see under the covers:
- Back-end: Ruby 2.5+, Go 1.9+, Python 3.6+, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ
- Front-end: Rails 5.x, Vue 2.x, Webpack
- Testing: RSpec, FactoryBot, Capybara, Selenium, Jest
- Infrastructure: Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud
- Tooling: GitHub, TeamCity, Slack, Sumo Logic
- Demonstrated ability to author good test cases and document defects in an understandable, reproducible way
- Experience building and extending web automation tools for a consumer-facing site
- Experience with the following technologies - Ruby, Rspec (or other Ruby testing framework), Selenium, Capybara
- Ability to write and debug SQL queries
- Familiarity with debugging tools
- Strong communication skills and experience interacting with developers, product owners and other members of the test team
- Working knowledge of underlying web technologies (HTML, CSS, REST APIs)
- Optional, but awesome!
- Running tests in headless browsers and Selenium Grid
- Stress, Load and Performance testing experience
- Docker, CI/CD pipelines
As a small team, we're able to adopt new technologies and strategies very quickly. Quality work is highly valued, and the ideal candidate will share in our desire to contribute to efficiently producing great software. If you believe in the power of personalized learning and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in a startup environment where you will do something that really matters, this could be the role for you.