Software Development Engineer in Test
PEAK6 is a leading investment firm headquartered in Chicago. More than 20 years ago, we were one of the first firms to develop sophisticated proprietary technology in our trading business. Today, we leverage our technical ingenuity and operational ability across a number of investment areas, spanning early- to mid-stage growth capital, operational control, trading, and sports management, with an eye toward providing value to the customer. Over the years, we have built and operated several leading financial technology firms and today our team includes a digital wealth clearinghouse, an outsource provider of flood insurance, a Premier League soccer team, a value investment arm, an incubation lab, and more.
As a member on our Test Development Team at PEAK6 Capital Management, you’ll have a big impact on the firm. You’ll work within our proprietary trading entity and have genuine opportunities to shape and define the applications released to trading. This is a role for someone who flourishes in a fast paced environment, who can work with minimal direction, and has a solid understanding of software development. This role will report to the Software Development in Test Manager who reports into our Development Director and Chief Technology Officer.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Work in a team of test engineers to ensure that a high quality product is delivered and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals.
- Work closely with internal development teams to review and test new products designed for in-house traders.
- Perform functional, system and integration-level testing on newly developed and redesigned company software solutions by writing test cases in Java/Python/Go.
- Work on the automation frameworks to add new functionalities and features.
- Maintain and improve current Automation stack to keep pace with the new changes being made in deliverables. Keep the tests cases updated, relevant and effective.
- Determine and develop approaches to solutions and assist with complex problems regarding testing approaches, application knowledge, and technical knowledge.
- Document and summarize test results and report findings.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related disciplines
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in Java/C#/C++ or Python preferably on Linux. Proficiency in GO/Groovy is a plus
- Quick learner and ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Familiarity with build & release tools
- Self-starter with 'whatever it takes' attitude in a dynamic work environment
- Great teamwork and communication skills
- Comfortable with SQL.
Nice to haves:
- 1-2 year/s of your total experience as a SDET/SDE or similar type of role. Preferably in Fintech space.
- Experience with Automated testing frameworks.
- Knowledge of financials
All of our developers have these traits. You should, too.
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Software Development Engineer in Test, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program