Software Engineer 2 - HR Technology at Nordstrom
This opportunity is part of the team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that designs, builds, and maintains HR technology products, systems and solutions. We are a close-knit team of AWS and Workday engineers collaborating to make Nordstrom’s HR applications incredible. We value energy, creativity, and teamwork. We are constantly growing our knowledge and skills and improving and expect the same from you.
A day in the life…
- Demonstrate competence of engineering concepts, theories and principles, combining them with business understanding to design, document and implement clean and robust solutions to complex business problems
- Work independently while demonstrating a bias for action and flexibility to evolving business needs.
- Demonstrate an ability to turn business needs into functional requirements, while also explaining technical details in ways the business can understand. Participate in defining, scoping and estimating resulting stories
- Work closely with your peers and help the team achieve its goals
- Maintain a high bar for code quality, testing and automation while finding opportunities to continuously improve them
- Contribute to design and code reviews, ensuring the team ships high quality, scalable, maintainable and well-tested code
You own this if you have…
- 2+ years of high-quality professional experience in delivering software, ideally across the full stack.
- 1+ year of strong, recent experience with Node.JS
- 1+ year of strong, recent experience with AWS, including DynamoDB / SQS / S3 / Kafka / serverless architecture / Lambdas / GRaphQL.
- Experience building RESTful architecture and micro services and knowledge of JSON
- Able to demonstrate deep understanding of technology choices and present to others
- Understands how to log events and review and publish metrics for the systems worked on to allow for automated monitoring of application health
- Experience writing automated unit and load tests for solutions and building solutions with automated deployment
- Experience supporting a 99% uptime application
- Experience with Workday HR application and integration development a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker a plus, including building containerized applications
- Bachelor degree in an Engineering discipline is desired
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.