Software Engineer 2 - Java/Spring/API - Back-End Focused - Product Platform
The Product organization is focused on building the next generation platform that will enable business partners to manage the entire product lifecycle, from ingestion of full supplier catalogs to automated scoring and selection, then item setup and enrichment to enable presenting an offer to the customer. The entire business process is going to be event driven, real-time, and driven by data, & analytics that will allow fast business growth by addressing big data challenges. This platform is transformational for Nordstrom; business processes are going to be re-invented, and you can be part of this exciting effort.
The right candidate is creative, flexible and innovative, and has proven experience designing, building, deploying and supporting high scale distributed systems. You love using technology to find creative solutions to business problems; you thrive on a fast pace of change and helping business partners to analyze and optimize their processes. You enjoy a collaborative, intellectually challenging environment, and are prepared to work with team members to create high-quality, cutting edge software solutions.
A day in the life…
• Develop modern, large scale RESTful Micro Services and modern web based tools and applications for use by internal teams in a fast paced Retail environment
• Work in a true Agile environment where all team members are expected to own the solution including deployment, testing, quality, monitoring and operational excellence
• Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices
• Contribute to story sizing and work estimates for implementation, validation, delivery and documentation
• Participate in design and code review to ensure quality and testability of feature code
• Implement build, deployment and test automation to ensure high quality and enable continuous delivery
• Adjust positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals
• Understand, leverage and applies best practices effectively.
• Follow, influence and contribute to enterprise wide Engineering Standards and Design Review
You own this if you have…
- 2+ years of current professional experience working with modern OO language (Java/Spring Boot or equivalent.)
- Proven proficiency in API development (REST) and in event streaming solutions (Kinesis/Kafka/AVRO)
- Familiar with modern infrastructure tools and pipelines such as Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab CI/CD
- A desire to have full ownership of the entire SDLC from conception through build and deployment, to ongoing production operational support (all team members are expected to take an on-call shift to support our systems 24/7.)
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with AWS, including Terraform/Cloudformation, S3, Lambda is a plus
- Experience with React.js is a plus
- Experience in the ecommerce or retail space is a plus
How we work...
- With others. We have remote pairing tools where engineers often work together, as well as virtual collaboration tools for building out architecture solutions.
- With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We don’t encourage silos.
- With agility. We don’t believe in following a process for process’s sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to company needs.
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
Minimum = $
Maximum = $