WHO WE ARE
Centro delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Centro is headquartered in Chicago, with beautiful offices also in Toronto, Dallas, Denver, and New York to name a few. Post-COVID, many of us will be returning to one of our offices (by choice, not requirement -- we believe results matter more than where they are produced). This position and all of our employees have the flexibility to work in one of our office locations, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Technology is at the core of what we do. Centro’s innovative Engineering team designs and develops new features and integrations for Basis, our industry-leading, comprehensive software solution. Our platform processes over 300 billion events per day and uses AI and machine learning to automate and simplify the entire digital campaign process.
This team is all about data—and in order to create value from the massive amount of data we collect, engineering leverages their dynamic Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams to create insights that benefit the industry as a whole.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
This role will be responsible for building out new products while updating and expanding our existing offerings. Other ways you will contribute to the team are by:
- Collaborating with developers, designers, product managers, and testers to build great solutions to complex digital advertising problems.
- Working on projects spanning our entire stack, including our React UI, Rails middle-tier, Java services, databases, caches, and external API.
- Participating in a collaborative software development process. Lend and receive feedback on RFCs and pull requests.
- Integrating Centro’s software with external systems. Ad tech is an ecosystem. Centro wins by working with everyone from ad servers, exchanges, DMPs, billing and reconciliation platforms.
- Building and extending Centro’s culture of growth and self-improvement. We expand our skills with lightning talks, lunch and learns, book clubs, and the occasional fun programming exercise.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 3-5 years of hands-on web application experience.
- 2 years or more of professional software experience.
- Experience with the modern web software stack. Our application is primarily built with React, Ruby on Rails, and is hosted on AWS.
- Good grasp of relational databases and how to tune a database-backed application for performance and scalability.
- Knowledge and fluency in the tools used to build and maintain software: Git, Unix/Linux environments, and automated testing tools.
- Enthusiastic growth-oriented mindset. Our team places high value on design feedback and code review. Our developers are always striving to improve their skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience with entire development cycle of projects
- Excited by a fast-paced product development environment
- Passion for Ad-Tech
OUR TECH STACK
- Ruby, Java, Python, and React.js
- Kubernetes, Docker, Kafka
- PostgreSQL, NoSQL
Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people and believe that Centro’s success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a work from home stipend for employees in closed offices, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer are committed to building teams of Centrons that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age. Our employee-led communities enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment.