SOFTWARE ENGINEER, APPS
We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, APPLICATIONS
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Software Engineer, specializing in single-page applications and web development. You will join our team of talented engineers to build out our self-serve real-time bidding platform and help our customers execute complex advertising campaigns.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT AND ENGINEERING TEAM
At Centro, we’ve always been about making people’s lives better—from our employees to our clients. Today, we’re building a unified platform to execute every digital media advertising transaction, thus providing a new level of automation and intelligence in ad tech. This is an enormous task that will disrupt an industry and improve the lives of those who work within it.
To do this, we’re aggressively growing our team of engineers, product developers and designers. We are imaginative, passionate, determined and relentless in our efforts. Of course, we are fascinated by the complexity of engineering problems at this scale—it’s what brings bright minds together. But what keeps us coming back (and why we love coming to work every day) is the chance to improve how work gets done: freeing up people’s time so that they can dream bigger and make life better.
Come build something amazing with us.
• Collaborate with developers, designers, product managers, and testers to build great solutions to complex digital advertising problems.
• Work on projects spanning our entire stack, including our React UI, Rails middle-tier, Java services, databases, caches, and external API.
• Participate in a collaborative software development process. Lend and receive feedback on RFCs and pull requests.
• Build and extend Centro’s culture of growth and self-improvement. We expand our skills with lightning talks, lunch and learns, book clubs, and the occasional fun programming exercise.
• You have 3-5 years of hands-on web application experience.
• 2 years or more of professional software experience.
• Experience with the modern web software stack. Our application is primarily built with React, Ruby on Rails, and is hosted on AWS.
• You should have a good grasp of relational databases and how to tune a database-backed application for performance and scalability.
• Knowledge and fluency in the tools used to build and maintain software: Git, Unix/Linux environments, and automated testing tools.
• Enthusiastic growth-oriented mindset. Our team places high value on design feedback and code review. Our developers are always striving to improve their skills.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.