SOFTWARE ENGINEER ASSOCIATE (NEW GRAD)
Fast track your career with Conversant’s New Grad Program. You’ll get to explore and discover what you want to do-and where you can have the greatest impact. As a New Grad you’ll have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a culture where great minds, cutting-edge technology and smart business intersect to make a difference — each and every day. In addition, Associates will take part in leader talks, a formal mentorship program and numerous professional development courses.
About This Role
As a Software Engineer Associate, you’ll be part of a high-performing development team writing production code running in a high frequency/low latency environment. You’ll develop and maintain software products that leverage the latest technologies to deliver large scale one to one advertising messages. You’ll gain valuable hands-on experience working with current technologies alongside some great people in a fun, innovative atmosphere.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Read and write efficient and performant Java code.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with a team of other engineers and external team members.
- Actively participate in peer code reviews and design sessions.
- Conduct performance testing and monitoring of production systems
- Assist with investigation and resolution of production issues.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Team player with strong entrepreneurial attitude.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and methodology (Java, XML, SQL, Linux) and web technologies (C++, Python, Ruby, PHP).
- Interest and/or experience with Kafka, HBase, open source technologies a plus.