Software Engineer (Back-End) at Echo Global Logistics
At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
As a Software Engineer on the Echo Global Logistics team, you will contribute to engineering of large scale web-based applications to enable Echo’s business while supporting architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. Our proprietary software is created with the goal to simplify transportation for our customers and carriers, and is one of our largest competitive advantages in an ever growing market.
Echo Global Logistics was recently ranked in 2020 by Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Company in Chicago and we are continuing to see increased growth in virtually all of our technical teams. We look forward to continued success with you as part of our team!
Essential Position Functions
- See technology as a passion, not something you just do between 9-5
- Possess the ability to create new solutions; we operate on a web based platform and constantly facing unchartered waters
- Are excited to learn and have understanding of several technologies
- Are proactive; you fix things before they break and bring new ideas to the table
- Possess ability to communicate with other technologists and non-technical colleagues
- Value passionate technologists, go-getters, and people who never stop seeking ways to improve existing technology
- Have a high focus on career development and the runway to get you there
- Work hard, period
- Offer competitive compensation, benefits, 401k, challenging projects, company wide events, coworkers and leaders who will push you to get better, a sense of community not found anywhere else
- Work as part of a cross functional team in an Agile environment
- Contribute to technical design including conceptual design, service contracts and overall application architecture
- Continually learn and refine your skills and knowledge
- Communicate openly and often with teammates and remain open to new ideas
- Work closely with senior team members to refine user stories and designs
- Work collaboratively with QA professionals to encourage defect prevention over detection
- Go above and beyond the call of duty
- Be proactive
- 2+ years developing commercial-grade business applications demonstrating the following:
- Experience working an object-oriented programming language, preferably in .NET
- Understanding of databases and data structures
- Understanding of service oriented architecture, RESTful web services
- Nice to have experience
- Working on a cross-functional team
- Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMS
- Event-driven architecture and messaging systems such as RabbitMQ
- Continuous integration and build and test automation tools
- .NET Core
What's in it for you?
- Help career growth by joining industry leader and continuing to advance Echo web based technologies
- Working with an organization with defined market goals, products, customers, revenue, and development teams
- Experienced mentors to learn and adopt new practices
- Ability to introduce your own views and takes on our product offerings
- Work in the full software delivery life-cycle
- Ability to constantly enhance and improve applications
- Have a clearly defined career growth track with enough flexibility to pave your own way
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job operates in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other
office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.