SOFTWARE ENGINEER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
Join the team in Cat Digital building the next generation dealer web application that is used by Caterpillar dealers across the world. This asset condition monitoring application provides a consolidated view of all equipment data in a single application that incorporates analytic capabilities. By taking advantage of new predictive analytic models, we can efficiently help to monitor the condition of assets, identify upcoming service needs, extend maintenance intervals, avoid costly failures, and deliver on the value promises of caterpillar dealers.
JOB DUTIES: : Looking for a back-end Software Engineer who is passionate business problem solver through innovation and engineering practices. Responsibilities of the incumbents are across functional lines with individuals assigned in new program development of web services, enterprise API, Microservices and/or distributed computing systems in a public cloud (AWS) environment.
- Competent to perform all programming and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years (or at least 3 years with master’s degree) of overall backend or full-stack experience
- 3+ years of Java 8 or 11, Spring Boot and RESTful API development (preferably Microservices)
- 1+ years or more of developing customer facing applications using front-end frameworks, libraries (React / Angular) and design patterns.
- 1+ years for solid Cloud production experience (preferably AWS) OR a higher-level Cloud training certification (e.g., AWS Solution Architect Associate) OR Cloud native computing with PCF or Kubernetes
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
Top candidates will also have:
- Proven experience in many of the following,
- Designing, developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
- Application architectural patterns, such as 12-factor app development, parallel processing with multi-threading, event-driven, etc.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
- Strong understanding and/or experience in many of the following,
- Message brokers such as Kafka, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
- Experience writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API Gateway or Azure API Gateway
- Hands one experience with API tools such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
- Debugging and maintaining software in Linux or Unix platforms.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.