Software Engineer, Data at PowerReviews
PowerReviews creates software that drives traffic, increases sales, and provides actionable insights for more than 1,000 brands and retailers on over 5,000 websites. Our platform serves as an essential resource for consumers throughout their purchase journey. Our syndication network reaches more than 500 million in-market shoppers each month through an unrivaled solution suite. PowerReviews is on a mission to create a smarter path to purchase.
As a member of the PowerReviews development team, you will design and develop software to achieve high performance, usability, and stability within the context of our data infrastructure and analytics platforms. Our analytics platform leverages the information captured by every aspect of our infrastructure to analyze consumer shopping behavior, expand our product knowledge and relationship graph, and provide our customers with insight into consumer satisfaction with their products. We do this using contextual NLP, ETLT, Data Streaming, machine learning, and BigData technologies in AWS.
Our Tech Stack
Our technology stack is constantly evolving and our engineers are always looking to adopt new but relevant trends. We use open source software and proprietary cloud technologies when necessary.
Frameworks: Spring (Boot, MVC, Security, etc.), React.js
Databases: PostgreSQL, Neo4J Graph Database, ElasticSearch, Snowflake,
AWS: Redshift, EMR, Athena, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, ElastiCache/Redis, Lambda, Cloudfront, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, ECS/Docker, Linux
Developer/DevOps tools: Jenkins for CI, Sumologic, Datadog
- Take ownership of projects and collaborate with stakeholders to develop robust, scalable ETLT workflows that help bridge data across a variety of product-lines and data systems.
- Collaborate with data science, product, QA, DevOps, front-end, and UX teammates in an agile development environment to advance our analytics capabilities.
- Promote high quality code with thoughtful design, unit testing and automated functional testing.
- Add new features and maintain an existing codebase while learning a variety of technologies and working in the AWS ecosystem.
- Proactively identify improvements within our infrastructure, production operations, and code base.
- Deep understanding of ETLT workflows, database modeling and design, and scalable data workflows.
- Professional experience developing data processing integrations using technologies such as, but not limited to, Apache Spark, Apache Flume, and Map/Reduce
- Strong experience writing and optimizing SQL
- Past experience developing in web application environments
- Exposure to Java or willingness to learn.
- Comfortable working with Git and Linux
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.