Software Engineer - Delivery Operations
What We Do:
Uptake helps industrial companies digitally transform with open, purpose-built software that delivers outcomes that matter. Built on a foundation of data science and machine learning, our vision is to create a world that always works — one where the machines and equipment we depend on daily don’t break, and industrial companies are once again the creators of economic growth and opportunity.
Uptake is a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, a two-time CNBC Disruptor 50 honoree and is ranked #12 on Fortune’s list of Best Companies to Work for in Chicago.
What is Product Operations:
The Product Operations team partners with Product Technology and Customer Success teams to have a shared goal of Quickly deliver valuable solutions with quality through systems and applications securely for Uptake customers at scale. The team is composed of highly skilled agile operations engineers where they research, architect, and design a platform in collaboration with developers to enable the shared goal.
As a Software Engineer on the Delivery Solutions team you will:
- Create a framework to allows engineers and management to see the deliver metrics of how often and reliably they are making changes to their applications and systems.
- Integrate or design tooling that captures, measures, and alerts on the health, availability, and performance of our applications and systems.
- Design a common set of tooling for engineers that allows them to self-service and automate their build, testing, and deployment needs for both applications and infrastructure.
- Provide a roadmap for current and future solutions in support of the delivery needs of the Product Technology and Customer Success organizations.
- 5+ years of system building/operations experience
- 3+ years of programming experience using JVM based languages
- 3+ years of programming experience with a scripting language like Ruby or Python
- A passion for DevOps and an appreciation for continuous integration/deployment
- Experience with container orchestration and tooling (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Mesos/Marathon)
- Experience with software build tools (e.g. Gradle, Maven)
- Experience with automation tooling (e.g. Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience with AWS technologies or similar cloud providers
- Excellent understanding of Linux, Bash and/or shell scripting
- Development experience with Go
- Experience with Git and Git tooling
- Jenkins administration experience
- Prior knowledge of QA and QA practices
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with scaling and auto-scaling systems
- Understanding of SQL and noSQL database technologies
- Knowledge of network stacks, protocols, and monitoring tools
- Experience with a distributed log tool such as Kafka
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with monitoring or TICK stack implementations
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Uptake welcomes and encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.