Software Engineer, Demand Applications at EMX Digital
EMX is a leading marketing technology company, leveraging a patented, end-to-end tech stack purpose-built to meet the demands of today’s digital marketplace. The company creates both open and closed-loop solutions designed to unify advertisers, platforms and publishers across digital media channels — including Advanced TV, Video, Display, Search & Social.
While recognized as an independent solutions provider for the digital media landscape, EMX also serves as the technology and programmatic division for its parent, ENGINE — a global data-driven marketing company serving advertising’s most recognized brands.
EMX Digital is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to design, develop, and deliver EMX products and services with a thirst to innovate and lead in the space. We look for self-starters who thrive in a fast-paced, Agile environment; those who love wearing many hats, are able to design and develop large scale systems, and are able to change direction quickly will thrive at EMX. If you have a passion for bringing new concepts to life, experience or interest in the ad tech world, and love using the latest technologies, then join us.
We operate in a world where 2 extra milliseconds of latency can make or break functionality so knowing when and where to prioritize efficiency and how to best use both your system’s time as well as your own is a must. Looking both learn new practices and technologies as well as to mentor and leverage extisting experience will put your best foot forward on this next step of your career. If you take the four values of Agile software development to heart you’ll find not only a great fit here with this position but a great team to collaborate and cross-polinate with. The ideal candidate will want to work hard to push themselves, their team, and our products to use cutting edge, clean code to deliver a great experience for all involved in the product lifecycle.
- Drive features from start to finish (meaning code pushed to production), actively seeking support of senior engineers as needed
- Manage assigned project deliverables
- Pro-actively communicate status with the team and product management, escalating blockers or other issues that could delay project delivery
- Bring up ideas for ways to improve our code and our platform
- Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and databases
- Proud of clean, modular code that is scalable and secure
- Ability to communicate clearly with engineering and product management
- Experience with pair programming and test-driven development