As a Software Engineer on the Execution team, a regular day could include reviewing the execution system with the team and identify tech debt and opportunities to capture additional value, collaborating with traders to iterate on automated strategies, and writing Java code with other engineers on the team to build out the future of PEAK6's execution system.
On the Execution team, you'll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with trading and technology teams on trading strategy and algorithm implementations.
- Creating improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across major business-critical systems.
- Full lifecycle software development to develop trading strategies/algorithms, implement trading risk and administrative controls, and interface with exchanges and brokers.
- Performing manual and automated testing to confirm strategy/algorithm behavior, efficacy of trading system controls, and overall system stability.
- Optimizing and monitoring critical path performance.
- Troubleshooting production issues quickly and efficiently.
You'll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Proficiency in Java. Go or Python is a nice to have!
- Willingness to prepare and pass relevant regulatory examinations to attain a FINRA Series 57 certification.
- Experience with Financial Information eXchange (FIX) Protocol
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related.
- 2+ years trading or finance industry experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Linux platform.
- Effective communication skills.
Does our Engineering DNA Match yours?
- We collaborate in small, agile teams to learn and develop innovative technology
- We like to develop impactful features fast so we can share directly with our end-users and iterate quickly
- We're focused on well-defined software delivery and continuous learning
- People are everything and our support for each other is abundant
- Through open source technology, we continue to evolve our tech stacks while looking for ways to contribute back to the community
- Whether you're new to our tech stack or an expert, we encourage each team member to experiment with new technologies and take ownership of projects.
- We love to have fun and dedicate time to exploring new technologies and ideas through Tech Days and Hackathons.
* Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, PEAK6 has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding and each role day-to-day. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and will return to a hybrid office setting once we're safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the CDC.
*PEAK6 currently requires all employees as a condition of employment to either be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or submit to regular testing. The CDC defines "fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. PEAK6 will also require proof of vaccination and/or testing. PEAK6 will also consider requests for exemption from these requirements as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs