Software Engineer (Front End)
- As a Software Engineer at Relativity, based in Chicago IL, you will design and build front end software for our web-based litigation support platform.
- This is your opportunity to work on a scalable and dynamic web system which supports integration with multiple search engines, clustering technologies, and client component interaction through web services.
- Additionally, you will learn how to build highly distributable systems composed of multiple database, processing, and web servers.
- You will be required join an after hour “on call” rotation to support the software your team develops. Urgent customer issues are given priority until resolved.
- Developing front end software for new Relativity features.
- Actively participating in our SCRUM process.
- Improving application system performance.
- Troubleshooting issues by fixing defects and responding to client specific problems.
- Entry-Level Software Development Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math or other related subject
- Experience with at least one other general programming language (C#/Java/Objective C/Python/Go, for example).
- Knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- An interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Knowledge in working with Agile development methodology.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering disciplines, including the ability to work comfortably in all layers of the Application Stack Would be awesome if you have:
- Experience with one or more JS framework (Aurelia, Angular, React, for example).
- Experience writing unit tests.
- Experience writing build scripts and plugins.
- Knowledge of CSS extensions (SASS, LESS, etc).
- Knowledge of package managers (npm, for example), bundlers (Webpack, for example), and task runners (Gulp, for example).
- Knowledge of new technology trends and their application in the marketplace.
- Knowledge of and adherence to SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards and best practices
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges. If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.