Software Engineer, Full Stack- DashXL at Cisco Meraki (Chicago, IL)
At Meraki, we’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full stack teams build and maintain our web application, which manages millions of network devices from our cloud. Our customers use the Meraki dashboard and mobile app to monitor and configure critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
As a Meraki Full Stack Engineer on the dashboard team, you will collaborate with other full stack engineers to design, plan, and build new features for our customers. With the help of product managers and UX designers, you will construct intuitive but powerful workflows to tackle the meaningful problems that IT professionals face every day. You will solve the networking challenges faced by small businesses.
Meraki’s product engineering teams are small, fast-moving teams striving to make our products unrivaled by balancing their feature-rich abilities with their simplicity. You’ll be developing the tools by which our customers configure and monitor network devices all over the world. You'll have the chance to make an impact by engineering creative solutions using a mix of technologies. Our engineers are well versed in a wide array of CS concepts and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack.Example projects of a Full Stack Web Developer:
- Building a solution to help new customers sign up and create their accounts
- Make it easy for customers to view, manage and renew their subscriptions
- Developing a system to send push notifications about device health and other important updates to customers' mobile apps
- Collaborating with our UX team to design and implement an intuitive UI for a new security feature, focusing on real use cases.
- Implementing a UI showing device performance metrics that will help customers decide when it’s time to upgrade their devices.
- Fetching a list of routes a device has learned through a network routing protocol and displaying them in a dynamic table.
- Crafting React components that can be reused by many other teams at Meraki.
- Building and restructuring backend architecture to scale to ever larger customers.
- Have built rich web UIs with React (and Redux) or similar frameworks
- Know your way around web back-end technologies, like Ruby on Rails.
- Can implement efficient database design in a relational database (we use Postgres).
- Would flourish with a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
- Are passionate about career advancement. We're looking for leaders, whether that means you strive to be a strong leading individual contributor or you want to grow into a tech lead role.
- Experience with consumer-facing software design
- A comprehensive knowledge of networking, which will help you understand the problems we work on and develop the best tools for Meraki customers.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.