Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes. Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of experience in personalization and performance working with the world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
As a Software Engineer within the Creative Engineering team, your focus will be to develop and maintain applications and/or frameworks to help automate common design, production and development tasks. You will be working in a dynamic team environment developing award-winning creative applications with an opportunity to impact Creative Operations across an international company. This is where you can innovate—we’re always open to exploring new ideas. Let your voice be heard!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work to advance product development and innovation as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team including Creative, Engineering, Product developers/managers, business/brand strategists, and developers
- Spec, architect, develop and deliver complete full stack solutions amongst a team of engineers
- Determine opportunities to create automation and efficiency to support the creative process using whatever tool, library or framework is right for the job
- Research and present cutting-edge ideas, methods, design patterns and more
- Working with full stack engineers to develop RESTful APIs
- Effectively troubleshoot issues on the fly while creating comprehensive, long-term solutions
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience building RESTful backend microservices using Node.js
- Basic understanding of relational databases (e.g., Postgres) and how to manipulate data
- Experience with Node.js application frameworks such as Express, Koa, Fastify, and/or Gatsby
- Experience with build tools such as Webpack, ESBuild, TypeScript, Parcel
- Experience with writing automated tests using frameworks such as Cypress, Mocha, Karma, Jasmine, and/or Jest
- Knowledge of modern design patterns and building enterprise-grade production applications
- Familiar with documenting code using Swagger, Postman, JSDoc or Docco
- Experience with linting software (ESLint, TSLint, JSHint, Prettier)
- Working knowledge of debugging tools (Chrome Dev Tools, Node Inspect, etc)
- Creating self-contained, reusable and testable modules and components
- Basic Linux knowledge (list running processes, evaluating resource utilization, stopping/starting services), bash and shell scripting
Bonus, Not Required
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience working with and or building CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with Bamboo
- Experience and familiarity with Docker and running applications in containers
- Linux configuration and administration
- Puppet - Infrastructure automation
- Working of knowledge of SQL (DDL as well as DML) and a base level understanding of database design and maintenance with migrations
- Familiarity with GSAP library (TweenMax / TimelineMax)
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.