Software Engineer - Full Stack at Discover (Chicago, IL or Remote)
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain full stack solutions to fit business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: front-end (user interfaces), back-end (APIs), database and DevOps development.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and maintain complex front-ends with a focus on user experience.
- Develop and maintain backend systems.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Information technology or related field
- 2+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 4+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Full Stack Academy, General Assembly or comparable programs may adequately supplement a non-computer science Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
- Understanding of object-oriented principles with an ability to write clean code
- Experience working with a relational database and NoSQL database
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
- Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
- Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
- Experience in working in a cloud environment such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Understanding of messaging systems like MQ, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, or Kinesis.
- Experience of developing multi-threaded and synchronization application
- Build secure web applications with user authentication
- Understanding of software testing principles and methodologies
#LI-MF1 #BI-Remote #Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.