Software Engineer – Full Stack
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for developing and maintaining full stack solutions to fit business needs. Full stack solutions require one or more of the following: Front-end (user interfaces), backend (APIs), database and DevOps development.
- Develops and maintains complex frontends with a focus on user experience.
- Supports live systems to ensure business continuity.
- Develops and maintains backend systems.
- Creates and maintains DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilizes cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of relevant hands-on software development experience
- Strong knowledge and supporter of Agile process/methodologies
- Experience with framework and API design
- Core Java or Object Orientated Programming
- Spring (Core, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring Batch)
- SOAP & REST Services
- CI with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Gradle, Nexus,
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures: Cloud Foundry(PCF)/AWS
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CI Technologies: Chef, Ansible
- Cloud/PaaS Architectures (AWS/VM)
- Angular, Gulp, Node, Protractor, WireMock
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!