Software Engineer, Fullstack (Partner Platforms) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We are growing rapidly and welcome all levels to apply!
As a Software Engineer at Affirm, you will help develop plugins for our partner platforms. Partner plugins can bring tremendous value to Affirm merchants and enable entirely new markets for the company. You will be on the Partner Solutions engineering team and directly work with our partners to develop these plugins/integrations to make it easier for Affirm merchants to integrate. You will work cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to drive new features and solutions to shape Affirm’s partner landscape.What You'll Do
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Develop new Affirm payment modules, sample code, SDKs, and production code for partners and merchants
- Maintain and extend existing Affirm payment extensions, and plugins
- Help define and drive requirements for 3rd party developer APIs and tools
- Analyze/debug merchant and partner integration issues
- Build and maintain test environments for Affirm engineering and our partners
- 2+ years of object-oriented programming, mobile development, MVC applications, and web development experience
- Solid CS fundamentals and proficiency of object oriented languages. Experience building real-time distributed web services, REST APIs, and on Android, or iOS platforms. Working with eCommerce platforms like Shopify, or Point of Sale (POS) Solutions and Order Management Systems a plus
- Proven ability to technically collaborate with other engineers and communicate technical ideas
- Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers, operations, and compliance teams
- A humble team-player who places the needs of others first, participates in the development of peers on the team, and mentors and guides more junior members in areas where they may have less experience
- Passion to stay on top of Commerce trends and technologies
- CS background and fluency in a dynamically typed language. We primarily use Python, Swift, Java and PHP
- Knowledge of caching and scaling techniques
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.