Software Engineer I at CareAdvisors
Role: Jr. Software Developer
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Reports To: CTO
CareAdvisors is a technology company helping patients get access to healthcare and the social service benefits they need by automating the manual enrollment burden taken on by hospitals.
Many patients who receive care at hospitals are eligible for Medicaid and other social service benefits, but have barriers to enroll or re-enroll in their benefits. Using a modern technology stack focused on automation, we remove those barriers so that patients can get access to the benefits they need, and lift the financial burden hospitals endure when providing care to patients.
Our CRM empowers care navigators and social workers with a search and communication platform that’s connected to a network of community organizations and hospitals. We use the data gathered across our network to power our automated analytics engine. Join us in building out our CRM so we can connect people to the care they need!
About the Role:
CareAdvisors is solving technically challenging problems that require a curious, problem-solving mind. We also strongly believe in mentorship and accelerating our team’s technical and collaboration skills. That is why this role is designed to provide strong leadership throughout the learning process. To that effort, you will work with our head of technology, senior engineers, and senior designers in developing features that will greatly accelerate the capabilities of our CRM network and greatly increase your skill-set..
This role is a great fit for you if you have been coding for a year or two, and now feel prepared to take on more challenging problems. You are also a self-starter who strives for more responsibility and you enjoy seeing the positive impact that your work creates. If you see yourself in this role, apply!
- Located in Chicago (only local candidates, please)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field); or 5+ years of experience working in a software development/engineering role
- 1 to 2 years of experience building web applications
- Experience with React or Vue
- Familiarity with Python, Ruby, or NodeJS
- Experience working in a UNIX environment
- Familiarity with databases like Postgres or MySQL
- Able to collaborate with and communicate effectively with leadership and colleagues
- You enjoy being part of a fast-paced, iterative environment
Some Nice to Haves:
- Healthcare experience
- Familiarity working with cloud services such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Interest in building mobile apps
At Care Advisors we value diversity and endeavor to treat everyone with respect, no matter their age, gender, race, ethnicity, or sexual, cultural or ideological preferences.
Due to the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, CareAdvisors has decided to protect our current and future employees by managing our business remotely. This is inclusive of interviewing, onboarding, and daily operations. Please consider that our roles will not be remote long-term and we will return to an office environment once it is deemed safe to do so following the guidance of local health authorities and the Centers for Disease Control.